Saturday, July 21, 2012

In Remembrance...



I wanted to dedicate this post to the families who lost their loved in the tragedy that occured on July 20, 2012 in Aurora, CO.

I was saddened to hear that such a senseless act occured for no apparent reason.  I believe that such acts are among the largest of blights on our mortal existence. In times of darkness such as these it may be hard not to ask why.  I found myself asking that very question at 8:00 a.m. as I heard about it on the morning news. Why? Why would someone feel the need to end so many innocent lives? Was it to make a point? Was it a self-fulfillment of one's existence? Was it a prank that went too far? The question remains unanswered.

In my life, I have not had to deal with such extreme darkness and sadness as the families of those individuals. But the times that have had to face darkness and loss of hope, I have sought to find a light.

Albus Dumbledore once said," Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." This light can be reached when you focus on the good in one's life.  The good that brings true joy and warmth to our souls.

Please note that the prayers and hearts of my family go out to you and the loved ones lost.  May the peace of the Lord be with you as you wade through this darkness and sorrow.  May you find light and happiness and know that you will one day be reunited with those you have lost.

To my friends and followers: please refer your friends and folowers to this post. It is my wish that those who have suffered grievious losses due to this incident may read this and obtain some measure of peace in their current turmoil. Thank you.


1 comment:

  1. Great thought. Thanks for sharing it! It is difficult to remember to look for light in the midst of our darkest hours.... but it is always there. So grateful for that! And grateful for the chance to be together forever!

    ReplyDelete