Monday, June 11, 2012

Little Successes

This week has been graced with a few little successes.

- I was able to wake up and stay awake a couple of times and exercise to get ready to compete
- I found a spot to do pull-ups without the use of a gym
- I was able to climb up four rungs of an aircraft off-loading ramp with just the use of my arms

Like I said... little successes.

I want to share with you guys the story of the rung climbing.

On Thursday night I was at work down at the Provo Airport. I saw the (what we call Z-Ramp) that is used to unload the Embraer 190 jets that come in every night and thought to myself,"I'm going to try to climb to the top of the handrails just using upper body strength." Well, it's a four rung railing and I was only able to get up three.  Then, a co-worker got a little competitive and tried it as well.  He got all the way up.  Now this (of course) did not sit well with me.  I had to match him.  So I tried again and got up all the way. Yay Me! 

It may seem like a little thing, but it's just a little more fuel to my desire to get in better shape.

Because of this feat, I was able to tell a couple of co-workers that I was trying to compete in the 2014 American Ninja Warrior.  So this motivates me a little further still.

I think I'm on my way.  I just need to keep the motivation going and make my little family proud.

I love you Heather, Aileah and Eli.

2 comments:

  1. Of course, your little family is proud of you whether or not you make it to the competitions! But it's great to have goals and push ourselves. Best of luck to you with your routine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all love you too. We are proud of you for all you have done and all you will do!

    ReplyDelete