Sunday, March 10, 2013

The Next Step

The next step in my progress toward ANW is coming up in about 2 weeks.  I have registered for an event at Utah Valley University.  This event is called the Firefighter Rookie Challenge.

In this event they will basically take the participants through a day at the academy.  It will be a preview of what is called the CPAT, which is the physical test that I will have to pass to get into the academy.  It includes things like a stair climb, a hose pull, body rescue, all while wearing a 50 pound weight vest (simulating the weight of the gear). 

In addition to that, we'll be covering things like search & rescue, high rise tower, nozzles, hoses, turnout/SCBA gear, etc.  I'm really excited for the challenges I will be facing. It will give me an opportunity to see what it will be like so I can better prepare myself to be ready for the academy and Ninja Warrior.

I'll have to post and tell you guys all about it.  It's going to be very exciting. Maybe there will be some video that I can take and post it? We'll see.

1 comment:

  1. It's good to see you excited about the path you are on! We love you and know you will do great!

    ReplyDelete